Zarpint on Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:34:23 -0500 (CDT)

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 64 RESULTS

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> Or, I declare a State of Emergency, on the grounds that we have too
> many "public displays" that aren't up to date, and so the current
> checking period can never end.

That's four people recognizing one now, I believe: me, Teucer, SkArcher, and
now you.

The whole point of that rule was that the game has been near death for a few
weeks, and that I really think we need to start fresh now. There's so much
baggage we haven't kept track of.

Araltaln, I'm Godel, and I posted a list a while ago saying that I was the
only Minister AFAIK. I held nominations, but I didn't hold the election,
since I thought we were gonna redo the thing soon. From what I saw, there
is insufficient interest in the current Ministry system to elect functioning
Ministers.

In fact, I protopropose that we end B Nomic. We can then (informally) agree
to start C Nomic with Teucer's, or some other, Ruleset. If we use Teucer's
set, I'd like to know how, e.g., the Ruleset is modified when a prop passes,
and changes in the gamestate are officially recognized.

I'm not sure that "public display" qualifies as an Eclair. I intended them
not to be Game Objects, but simply an English description of a real world
object. At some level, we need to use English words that haven't been
officially defined lest we be unable to define anything.

Zarpint

--
Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."