David E. Smith on Mon, 14 Jun 2004 21:19:52 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] The Game

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, Zarpint wrote:

> I would be up for totally wiping the Ruleset and replacing it with something
> really, really simple that doesn't require an Admin, vaguely resembling
> something like:

I heartily endorse this product and/or service, and would like to
subscribe to your newsletter.

I dunno about wiping the Ruleset, but a fairly major restructuring would
probably be required to remove all traces of Adminhood.

It occurs to me that a wiki would be a very good tool for this sort of
thing, assuming the wiki software permits (requires?) user logins, and can
easily roll changes back. Then, the Admin would be more like Rubeus
Hagrid: "Keeper of Keys and Grounds at B Nomic".

I dunno if "stock" wiki software would work, but the modifications
shouldn't be too terribly complex (I hope). Users' self-discipline is
probably the hardest thing to handle -- assuming rules and props are still
numbered, there'd need to be a simple-ish way to keep serial numbers
tracked. (With a wiki, that might not even be strictly required. There
could just be a "Rules" page with rules linked from there.)

...dave