Zarpint on Sun, 30 May 2004 18:08:53 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Straw Poll on the Government Turnover

On Sun, 30 May 2004, SkArcher wrote:

> On Sun, 30 May 2004 17:57:00 -0400 (EDT), Zarpint <athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 30 May 2004, SkArcher wrote:
> >>
> >> Hmmm, on consideration it is apparent that the "Open Source" theory will
> >> suffer the same problems as the Telephone did. Making any specific
> >> time-frame for a single action to be performed by it's nature makes it
> >> vulnerable to, if you will excuse the term, "camping" the event
> >
> > You mean, as in camping out in line to buy Phantom Menace tickets or
> > something?
>
> You don't play FPS games do you?

No. I don't even know what FPS stands for, except feet per second, which
I suspect is not the case here.

> > Well, we no longer have automaton scripts, so these players
> > would have to be glued to their computer screens.
>
> It has been known to happen @_@
>
> > Unless you're thinking
> > they'd use cron or something... We'd better not make the rewards high
> > enough to be worth that.
> > But I suggest that if a task can be done by cronning, we do it by
> > cronning,
> > and remove it from the list of tasks.
>
> Indeed
>

> > Zarpint
> >

> --
>   SkArcher

Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
dynamicwind.com               --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd