Daniel Lepage on Thu, 27 May 2004 22:55:02 -0500 (CDT)

Straw Poll: [spoon-discuss] tags

Speaking of Straw Polls, we had one earlier that was never resolved. As of when I went On Leave there were five people in favor of removing the "[spoon-discuss]" and "[spoon-business]" tags that are automatically added to every list message, two opposed, one vote of Hippopotamus, and eight players unaccounted for.

Alternatives suggested include:
Replacing them with small tags like "[s-d]" and "[s-b]".
Adding an additional header such as "BNomic List Identity: spoon-business".

I believe mailman can do the first quite easily; I don't know how tricky the second is to do (it shouldn't be bad, it's just one line at the beginning of every message).

We'll redo the straw poll now, then. Let me know which of these you'd prefer (multiple votes or orderings by preference are fine, as this is just to gauge public opinion):

	1) Keep the long tags
	2) Use the short tags
	3) Put in new headers
	4) Don't add anything

My votes, in order of preference, are 3,2,4,1.

--
Wonko

"This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs, but the overall pluggandisp can be glorked [sic] from context" (David Moser, quoted by Douglas Hofstadter in his "Metamagical Themas" column in the January 1981 "Scientific American")