Glotmorf on Sun, 16 May 2004 20:33:56 -0500 (CDT)

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Nweek 62 RESULTS

On 16 May 2004 at 23:12, Bill Adlam wrote:

> > Mr. A...while I don't object to this proposal being shelved
> > (hence my vote), does it not in fact fail, since it would have
> > failed even without my Shelve vote?
>
> If that's not an objection, what is?

It was an observation, silly.  I wasn't objecting to the idea
of the proposal getting shelved...I was simply disagreeing
with the idea that the rules mandated it under those
circumstances.

It's like saying, "While I don't object to you handing me a
million dollars in cash, does this money not in fact belong to
someone else?"

In both cases, if the outcome was desirable to me, I should
keep my mouth shut.  Unfortunately, I take far too much pride
in hassling the Administrator.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt