bd on Tue, 11 May 2004 18:48:04 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] nomination period ends soon

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 07:19 pm, SkArcher wrote:
> >> As i've previously said, Ministries are a bad idea for the same reasons
> >> single administrator is a bad idea. Too much structure simply leads to
> >> things that break when someone goes AWOL, forfeits or otherwise ceases
> >> perform their ministerial functions.
> >
> > A backup minister would be a good idea, yes. At the very least the
> > workload
> > would be spread out a bit. If it dosen't work, we can switch to a better
> > layout (invoking r0 if e.g., the rules minister and metaminister goes
> > AWOL)
>
> Even that, for me, is too inflexible. We are all in possession of the
> required information to fulfil any Ministry - so why make it explicitly
> the responsibility of one player? I would rather the functions were simply
> taken up by whosoever desired to do the damn job
>
> Look on it as Open Source government
>
> >> IMO, Ministries are too rigid. More fexibility is needed.
> >>
> >> Furthermore, I hereby formally rescind any nominations for ministerial
> >> duties that i may have garnered. I am already convinced that Ministries
> >> is
> >> a bad idea, I don't need to personally screw one up to prove the point.
> >
> > Wrong forum, btw.
>
> I don't actualy believe it is legal to nominate me without my consent
> anyway, so i'll let it stand
>

> SkArcher

r625, section B.3:
B.3. Consent of Ministers
 Any Minister may cease to be a Minister for any reason by stating that they
do so in a Public Forum.

Any player nominated for any Ministry may refuse that nomination at any time
by announcing that they do so in a public forum.

So, you don't need to consent to be elected, but you do need to refuse it on a
public forum.

--
bd
* Endy needs to consult coffee :P