Zarpint on Wed, 21 Apr 2004 23:24:38 -0500 (CDT)

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] It Ain't Dead Yet!

IMHO it's palatable, now that comments are gone.

Zarpint

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 dwhytock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Seeing as how it's not the end of the nweek, I change Proposal
> 1841 as follows:
>
> Remove all comments.
>
> That'll make it not a prose prop, at least.
>
> On top of that, I'd like to urge people to vote for this,
> especially if we're thinking about inter-nomic commerce again.
> I particularly envisioned technologies to come in handy in
> terms of item production, alteration or synthesis, like the
> good ol' days on the grid.  Among the things a technology
> might do is process a particular out-of-game item and turn it
> into a brand spankin' new item, which we can then sell back to
> its source.
>
> Does this give an advantage to older players?  Not per se,
> since a new player can come in, propose eir own technology,
> and start profiting.  Even if it did, existing players already
> have an advantage, having points and everything else that a
> newbie doesn't.
>
> So.  What would make the Technologies prop palatable?
>
> 						Glotmorf
>
> -----
> The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
> http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt

Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
dynamicwind.com               --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd