SkArcher on Tue, 13 Apr 2004 05:51:35 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Another Vote

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 01:24:02 -0400, Glotmorf <dwhytock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 13 Apr 2004 at 0:16, David E. Smith wrote:

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Glotmorf wrote:

> > So, what do you think about the "new'n'improved" World of Darkness
> > they're promising us this fall? Will it be even vaguely new and
> > exciting, or just (further) milking of the cash cow?
>
> Huh?  According to the White Wolf website, the world is ending
> at the end of April.  What new-and-improved world are they
> promising now?

Flip to the last page of any of their "OMG The World Is Ending" books.

Basically, they're promising "New Setting. New System. Same Darkness."
or something to that effect. They've also announced titles for the
first three books -- Vampire: The Requiem; Werewolf: The Forsaken;
Mage: The Awakening. (Nomic: The Confusing is on the schedule for late
2005.)

Gawd...I wonder how they're butchering Mage this time around.
The guy who came out with 3rd edition insisted he was making
it better...:P

Uth, yet another money-milking exercise

You could always go back to playing Ars Magica.

Personally I've been playing too much AD&D3e and GURPS recently :)

The main problem with White Wolf Games for me became the players, especially Vampire players. I'd love to play with the background and system, but I just can't stand the average Vampire Player anymore. There is only so much ill concieved "art" that I can put up with, and I have very low tolerance for angsty bullshit thanks to a year of LARP refereeing Vampire.

SkArcher