Zarpint on Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:07:39 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Thoughts toward a universal Nomic calendar

You claim 'Fall' denoting the season between summer and winter is incorrect
English? Why? They're synonyms in English, but 'Autumn' is big, clumsy, and
ugly :)

Zarpint

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, SkArcher wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 13:13:40 -0400 (EDT), Zarpint <athena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

> > Fall. Preferring 'Autumn' to 'Fall' is like preferring emacs to vi.
> >

> proper use of the english language aside (Autumn being, of course, correct
> English), I fail to see your problem :)
>
> Editor holy wars probably shouldn't commence on the list tho...
>

> SkArcher

Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
dynamicwind.com               --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd