Zarpint on Sat, 10 Apr 2004 20:31:24 -0500 (CDT)

RE: [spoon-discuss] Thoughts toward a universal Nomic calendar

Yeah, I had thought of them, but then the B Nomic seasons wouldn't match up
with the real ones of the same name (not that Eris would mind). There's
also the five days of the Discordian week, the Apostle Holidays, and the
Season Holidays which we could steal, which all have great names.

Zarpint

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Craig wrote:

> >So Suber has five birthdays per Gregorian year. I like it.
>
> He has one birthday per year in every calendar. This is as it should be.
>
> >Independence Day - is that the anniversary of our founding or of
> >us declaring independence from all other nations by repealing their
> >laws? I guess we could combine them, since they wouldn't really correspond
> >to the anniversaries of those events in any sense anyway.
>
> It's when we declared ourselves a sovereign nation. I believe our founding
> lines up with New Nyear's Day.
>
> >I would like more creative names for seasons. 'Tango' is the only
> >interesting one. I suggest we name one 'Dennis Ritchie', since we're
> >celebrating those who inspired us.
>
> Or there's always the Discordian seasons...
>
>  - Teucer
>
> ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
> teucer@xxxxxxxxxx

Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
dynamicwind.com               --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd