Zarpint on Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:02:49 -0500 (CDT)

RE: [spoon-discuss] Thoughts toward a universal Nomic calendar

So Suber has five birthdays per Gregorian year. I like it.

Independence Day - is that the anniversary of our founding or of
us declaring independence from all other nations by repealing their
laws? I guess we could combine them, since they wouldn't really correspond
to the anniversaries of those events in any sense anyway.

I would like more creative names for seasons. 'Tango' is the only
interesting one. I suggest we name one 'Dennis Ritchie', since we're
celebrating those who inspired us.

Zarpint

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Craig wrote:

> >We need Holidays as well, outside of the main nweek calendar. They should
> >be Full of Stars, of course.
>
> >For instance, a fifth of a year is 73 days. That's five of these nweeks
> >(which should now be called nfortnights?) plus three days left over for
> >Holidays, when we can party and drink more than usual.
>
> If the nweeks take on the designations of Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, and
> Tango, we can eliminate seasons and make the nyear last five nweeks.
> Holidays could be New Nyear's Day (before the first of each year),
> Independence Day (whenever that is again) and Peter Suber's Birthday (the
> date of which will depend on when we implement this calendar).
>
> And I'm still thinking we keep "nweek" - after all, the old ten-day things
> had that name.
>
>  - Teucer
>
> ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
> teucer@xxxxxxxxxx

Zarpint Jeremy Cook    "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
dynamicwind.com               --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd