David E. Smith on Wed, 7 Apr 2004 23:09:50 -0500 (CDT)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Voting Deadline

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> The ballot was issued at 8:46 PM EST time on April 7th. This marks the
> beginning of nday 7 of this nweek. Nday 7 will end at the next 00:00:00
> UTC, which I believe is seven o'clock on April 8th, EST. It then
> follows that nday 8 ends on the 9th, nday 9 on the 10th, and the nweek
> on the 11th.

I think you're off by a whole day here. The clock turns Off at the end of
nday 7/start of nday 8, and stays off 'til the Ballot is posted (at which
time nday 8 begins). It is now nday 8, and will be so 'til 7pm EST on the
8th. nday 9 ends on the 9th, nday 10 (and voting) ends on the 10th.

I may be off by an hour, but I'm pretty sure I have the days right.

dave