Bill Adlam on Fri, 26 Mar 2004 12:30:13 -0600 (CST)

[spoon-discuss] style and order

Zarpint wrote:

> There currently is no Style Police- Glotmorf failed to give the scarf
> anyone for countless nweeks, and so Eris knows where it is now (I
> think
> you lose it after two nweeks.)

At the end of this nweek it'll be 3 nweeks.  At the end of the 2nd,
Glotmorf should have lost 10 style and the scarf (the latter to a
Player of the Admin's choice).  In the absence of the SP, there are
only three possibilities for restoring decorum:

1) Players outraged beyond endurance take the law into their own hands
and form a Style Mob, armed with handcrafted pitchforks and scented
torches, or

2) the army is deployed to enforce Martial Style, restoring order with
their snappy uniforms, gleaming boots and summary criticism of
offenders.  But as B Nomic has unaccountably neglected to raise an army
so far, the only remaining hope is

3) we are saved by the daring exploits of mysterious masked heroes
fighting for wit, elegance and the American Way.  Given the costumes
and posturing favored by most superheroes, the chances of this are slim
indeed, although it's conceivable Zorro or the Scarlet Pimpernel might
come to our rescue.

Sagitta