SkArcher on Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:43:58 -0600 (CST)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] finance and such

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:32:23 -0600, Baron von Skippy <bvs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A sensible warning, but I don't see anything wrong with inflation (in B
Nomic), indeed it could be quite exciting.  A reasonable goal would be
Germany 1923-4, or, even better, France 1793-4.

-Feh. Lightweights. The record was either Romania or Bulgaria, I believe in the interwar period, when one unit of the prewar currency was worth 828,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 postwar. Anyway, as long as Wonko's still playing, put a cap on the currency.-

I believe it was Yuan dynasty China that simply printed additional promisory notes (equivalent to modern bank notes), a policy which caused the ultimate total collapse of the dynasty as it's currency was not backed up by the traditional Chinese staple currency of Silver. This led to the destruction of the Yuan alliance in Chin and, effectively, an entirely new country after the next dynastic war.

I would also remind you that B Nomic is officially a country. Let's learn from others mistakes instead of making them ourselves, huh?

Infinite inflation would be bad, though, so I'd recommend limiting the
basin's output per nweek to, say, twice the maximum it printed in any
previous nweek.  It would also be wise to take care before making
anything available to players at a fixed cost, especially if there is
no limit on supply.

-Again, this is unwise. Such a plan would simply mean that a player (Wonko) who found (Wonko) a hole (Wonko) in the rule (Wonko) could then get an exponentially increasing number of Tildex every nweek, and probably shut the rest of us out in the process.-

Come now Baron, you are exagerating.

It is at least as likely to be Glotmorf who would produce such a scam.

SkArcher