Baron von Skippy on Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:34:21 -0600 (CST)

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] finance and such

>A sensible warning, but I don't see anything wrong with inflation (in B
>Nomic), indeed it could be quite exciting.  A reasonable goal would be
>Germany 1923-4, or, even better, France 1793-4.

-Feh. Lightweights. The record was either Romania or Bulgaria, I believe in the interwar period, when one unit of the prewar currency was worth 828,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 postwar. Anyway, as long as Wonko's still playing, put a cap on the currency.-

>Infinite inflation would be bad, though, so I'd recommend limiting the
>basin's output per nweek to, say, twice the maximum it printed in any
>previous nweek.  It would also be wise to take care before making
>anything available to players at a fixed cost, especially if there is
>no limit on supply.

-Again, this is unwise. Such a plan would simply mean that a player (Wonko) who found (Wonko) a hole (Wonko) in the rule (Wonko) could then get an exponentially increasing number of Tildex every nweek, and probably shut the rest of us out in the process.-

[[BvS]]