Glotmorf on 1 Feb 2004 05:30:50 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] calvinball!

On 31 Jan 2004 at 23:01, Baron von Skippy wrote:

> >> One thought: Mailing list. The reason Calvinball was on the LOGAS was
> >> because a couple people played it for a long time, after it ceased to
> >> amuse everybody else, and we were all irritated that it filled up the
> >> mailing lists.
> >
> >To the tune of 150 messages a day.  In fact, why not just
> >create an independent mailing list and play Calvinball on that
> >without invoking the B Nomic ruleset at all?  It could be a
> >separate discussion channel, if you will, that people could
> >turn on or off as they chose.
> >
> -Come now, don't be abthurd. There were two or three people playing, and I have a life outthide of this game (although it was rethently co-opted by Reality, I'll bet). No way we were produthing that much at any point. And thith wath back when B Nomic wath making thixty, theventy methageth a day anyway. Don't be thuch a baby about it. Not that a new litht wouldn't be a good idea, if we take it ath a given that Calvinball ith, which I don't, really... it'th better unregulated at all.-

Excuse me, I was mistaken.  It wasn't 150 messages a day.  It
was 150 messages in a SINGLE STINKIN' AFTERNOON.  I can, if
necessary, produce the archives, though since I have a dial-up
connection it'd take another stinkin' afternoon to send it to
you.

I didn't say they were all yours, Baron.  As you said, there
were two or three people playing, and a few others who were
telling you all to shut up.  It still amounted to a jaw-
droppingly large inbox.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt