SkArcher on 31 Jan 2004 02:06:24 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 56 RESULTS

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 19:57:59 -0600, Baron von Skippy <bvs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does this help any?-

nope, sounds like it;

a) screws with time

and;

b) creates a paradoxical condition under the current ruleset. If comes to
this, I will recognize an SoE

However, my take on the matter is that the rule exists, but the items are
unusable because they screw with time and that rule takes precedence.

-Well, if the rule exists, then Dave has three Deus Ex Ovum (which do not cause a paradox, as they undo /everything/ at once) to fix any problems caused by someone deciding that they value being a dick more than those 50 points, which means that if we ever make it to the end of the nweek (we'll run out of points to run the Rod eventually, I suppose), I can propose to fix these problems. If the rule doesn't exist, I'll repropose it with more safeguards. Jeez... and to think, this was proposed to /prevent/ paradoxes from screwing us over.-

Messing about with time to prevent paradoxes falls into the same category as Fucking for Virginity and going to War for Peace, in my book Baron.

SkArcher