Baron von Skippy on 30 Jan 2004 22:44:29 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Let's play the Voting Game!

>{{
>__Foo__
>
>Give each player who voted against this proposal 10 points.
>
>}}
>
>{{
>__Bar__
>
>If the proposal entitled "Foo" failed, give each player who voted for
>it 30 points.
>}}
>
>{{
>__Baz__
>
>If the proposal entitled "Foo" passed, and at least 2/3 of the players
>who cast votes on it voted for it, give each player who voted for the
>proposal entitled "Bar" 40 points.
>}}
>
>{{
>__Qux__
>
>If the proposals entitled "Baz" and "Foo" respectively either both
>passed or both failed, give each player who voted against the proposal
>entitled "Bar" 50 points.
>}}
>
>{{
>__Spam__
>
>If any of the proposals entitled "Qux", "Baz", "Bar", or "Foo",
>respectively, failed, give 30 points to every player who for three of
>them and against the fourth.
>
>Otherwise, give every player who voted against any of them 5 points,
>and every player who voted for this proposal 10 points.
>}}

-(Breakin' out the scarf...) Wonko, theeth propothalth are incredible. Thimply fantathtic. I'm all a-flutter. With unconthious eath and thill, you've managed to prethent a beautiful Prithoner'th Dillema to the playerth of B Nomic.

It'th quite thimple, really. If we all vote for Foo, Baz, Qux, and Spam, and againtht Bar, we all get -10 + 0 + 0 + 50 + 30 = 70 pointh. But if one of uth betrayth the rest and voteth for Bar abd againtht Foo, that player geth 30 + 40 + 30 = 100 points, a much nyther package, if I do thay tho, and I would know. But here'th where it geth tricky. If we /all/ do that, then we all get 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 30 = 30 pointh. Tho it'th quite thimple, babeth: We mutht all vote for Foo, Baz, Qux, and Spam, and all vote againtht Bar. Or a /thet/ number could switch their voteth on Foo and Bar, and we thplit the pointh, but I'm afraid that thuch a thing ith jutht too rithky in a game like thith. Thorry, all. I love you like my family, but you're thuch thelf-interethted little monkeyth.

Anyway, Wonko, thince you're doing tho well tho far, I'd thay you're front-runner to get the Thcarf at the end of the nweek.-

[[BvS]]