Daniel Lepage on 30 Jan 2004 20:13:09 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Updates and stuff

On Jan 30, 2004, at 2:56 PM, SkArcher wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:54:41 -0500, Glotmorf <dwhytock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 30 Jan 2004 at 14:02, Zarpint Jeremy Cook wrote:

That's no fun!
I propose:

{{__Support for Wonko: The Prop__

Repeal Rule 155. [[We can have much more fun without it.]]

}}

Dude.  Rule 155 was BECAUSE of Wonko.

I protest. Rule 155 was submitted by Rob, in response to Uin. I hadn't even made any props at that point. I quote:
"Looking at some proposals uin has just submitted, I have to bring back
this A Nomic proposal:

<proposal title="No kickbacks">
<snip>
</proposal>"

See <http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-business/spoon-business -200112/msg00068.html>

Also see <http://lists.ellipsis.cx/archives/spoon-business/spoon-business -200112/msg00065.html>, the proposal Uin made which sparked this.

Oddly enough, the revision mentioned in the above message never made it into the database, it seems - the db lists two identical revisions of this prop.

I suspect that Wonko knows this too and was only making eir props now to later refactor them into an actually useable form, but overlooked that e is not allowed to make props in that form.

That wasn't my intention at all! I thought it would be interesting to get a set of proposals out where the effects of each proposal depended on how everyone voted on the others, and the best case for everyone was to be in the minority - thus, if "foo" looks like it will pass, you want to be in the naysayers so that you'll get points from it; but if it fails, you want to have voted for it to get points from "bar".

Note also that there would be no benefit in making these now - it's already a new nweek, so I don't save any bandwidth doing this.

You have, however, hit upon exactly the right strategy to set up these proposals without breaking the rules. Fix forthcoming.

--
Wonko