Zarpint Jeremy Cook on 27 Jan 2004 21:26:49 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] RE: [Spoon-business] CFI 1748

Maybe you judged it to be 2/3 of a hectare, which has horses, and thus "Neigh" = "No".
Or maybe you judged it to be an eye, and thus "Aye" = "Yes".
Or maybe you judged it to have no meaning, and thus "Refused".

Boy, I wish *crackle* I had a Chinese dictionary!

Let's make up *buzz* a sentence with "mu" dozens of times, like:

"Mother is grave in the evening when she washes her hair and cares for livestock..."

Zarpint
The Style Police

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Craig wrote:

> My dictionary gives characters pronounced mu with the following meanings:
>
> First tone: no meaning
> Second tone: pattern
> Third tone: a unit of area equal to two thirds of a hectare, male, mother or
> other female elder, thumb or big toe
> Fourth tone: grave, evening, curtain, enlist, tree, wash ones hair, eye,
> care for livestock, solemn.
>
> Therefore, I judged that the CFI washes its hair. Or you could consider that
> this is English, and interpret it as having the meaning which it has
> (perhaps erroneously) among English-speaking geeks; in the context of a CFI
> it is an obvious synonym for "refused".

Zarpint            "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
Jeremy Cook         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx       --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd
grep -r kibo /     "Movements are the problem, not the answer to problems."