Glotmorf on 27 Jan 2004 20:15:14 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 56 BALLOT (Corrected)

On 27 Jan 2004 at 9:43, Zarpint Jeremy Cook wrote:

> What sort of gender specification requires 127 characters? Obviously, one
> that won't fit into 126 would. Mine require at least 100.

No.  I am not, repeat not, going to ask your gender.

> on 1767: Why make someone type 100 lines for a scam? You could just write
> a C program, like bd did to make 1001 CFJs, even without this proposal,
> anyway.

Scams should not be easy.  Given that we try to avoid scams
altogether (at least other people's), we should certainly try
to avoid easy scams.

> on 1768: We're not going to enact them. Just reward them. No smoke for that.

Yes, but Dave will still have to read through them and get
incensed and vitriolic about them prior to vetoing them.  So
basically you'll be rewarding people for pissing off Dave.

> on 1769: A society is not a Player and thus not eligible for the title.

No, but if Wonko owns a society that possesses infinite style,
e can, at any time, draw sufficient style from it to obtain
the title.  Which means Wonko will pretty much perpetually own
the title.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://www.nomic.net/~dwhytock/imt