Zarpint Jeremy Cook on 23 Jan 2004 03:33:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: if p1767/0 passes

"Glotmorf, go to Hell", or even "Glotmorf, goto hell" would not *buzz*
constitute Pseudocode. This would:

{{__MyProp__

hell:

i=1;

give i points to Zarpint

i++;

if(i<5) goto hell;
}}

And you'd use a *buzz* for loop anyway. You actually need the code to
execute. Just making a *crackle* comment to Glotmorf does not suffice.

Zarpint

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, [iso-8859-1] Bill Adlam wrote:

> Zarpint asked:
> >Huh? With Pseudocode? how?
>
> It amuses me, and possibly only me, that someone might tell someone
> where to go, inadvertently using pseudocode.  In which case there is a
> label ready.  It's unlikely to be reached, as our invective is usually
> more inventive and less spiritual.
>
> Having previously proposed:
> >Give the Player with the greatest Style, without ties, the Title
> "Frood
> >who Really Knows where Eir Towel is", if such a Player exists.
>
> Why not just give em (i.e. yourself) a towel?
>
> I don't think the current style rules (even truncated) add anything
> interesting to the game.  It would be more fun if the Style Police
> nominated a literary style for the nweek, and then had to submit all
> posts in that style, with exceptions for e.g. rule bodies.  There
> should also be an incentive for other players to post in the latest
> style.
>
> I apologise for being silent all week and then posting a lot of
> trivialities at once, but I have been particularly occupied by work
> lately.  The pressure has now been reduced, and I aim to continue work
> on a protoprop of a rulebook for Political Robot Tafl.
>
> I accept that a finite grid is more practical, both for tracking and
> for  viewing, but there is potential for a range of shapes and
> topologies.  Perhaps the Grid has been blown into a number of pieces,
> some of which have curled up in various ways.
>
> I like Teucer's idea of paying energy to move, but I'm not sure whether
> it would enhance gameplay.  I think it's best to start without it,
> first.  Farming Life cells is also interesting, but it's a different
> game.
>
> I wish to announce that I am very bad at chess, even worse than all the
> other players who have said they're no good.  But I might play if I
> have little to lose.
>
> Sagitta
>
> P.S.
> We always used to say 'proddy sorceror', in an unconvincing Irish
> accent.
>
> P.P.S.
> >endif
> >endif
> In case the quoted if...elseif blocks count.  And endif that one, too.

Zarpint            "All thy toiling only breeds new dreams, new dreams;
Jeremy Cook         there is no truth saving in thine own heart."
mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx       --W.B. Yeats, The Song of the Happy Shepherd
grep -r kibo /     "Movements are the problem, not the answer to problems."