Daniel Lepage on 21 Jan 2004 05:19:29 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Chess

I can't recall if anyone's ever used the r814 (Offers) before. So without any precedent to go by, I'm gonna see if I can write one up. Here's my best try; if nobody can find fault with it, I will submit it at the beginning of the next nweek:

{{
__Pawns at Dawn__

Any Player who is a member of INH may accept this Offer; no other entities may. The player who accepts this Offer is herein referred to as the "Opponent". The player who submitted this Offer is herein referred to as "Wonko".

Wonko and the Opponent will, through private emails, conduct a standard game of FIDE chess by mail (herein referred to as the "game"). Upon the completion of this game, the party who wins the game (the "Winner") will be owed services from the other party (the "Loser"). The Loser is required to perform the following services: Within the first Checking Period of the first nweek following the game's completion, e must give eir proxy to the Winner, with no restrictions, as per r208. The Loser is required to cast no votes during that nweek, except as the Winner allows, and may not reclaim eir proxy until the first checking period of the nweek after the proxy is given. (note: e may choose to allow the Winner to continue holding eir proxy, if e desires; e is not bound by this Offer to take or refrain from taking any actions after that point in time).

The Contingency, should the Loser fail to give eir proxy at the appointed time, or fail to adhere to the guidelines specified above, is 60 points and 400 BNS, which the Loser must pay to the Winner; if the Loser does not have enough points or BNS, then the Contingency is as much of the above totals as the Loser can provide.

The following rules shall apply to the game of chess:
Wonko and the Opponent will take moves by sending emails to each other containing the moves, in any reasonable format. When it is either player's turn, e shall have 10 ndays to make eir move; if e fails to do so within that time, e is considered to have forfeited the game.
}}

--
Wonko
Award Wonko a Win.