Daniel Lepage on 16 Jan 2004 23:39:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] so do we have a game or not?

On Jan 16, 2004, at 6:14 PM, SkArcher wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:11:56 -0500, Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We do have a game, as most rules take precedence over the Eclair rule.

We do not have PGo or Cards (they're there, but we can't use them).

except for the fact as Zarpint pointed out, that referencing is an action not defined in the rules, and so is functionally a chocolate eclair

Still, i have to say that it might be easier at this point to start anew

The game has been running for over two years now; I'd rather not see it die.

That said, we could effectively begin anew by repealing most rules and rebuilding... B Nomic Round 2, if you will.

But to really do this well, we'd have to scrap everything unnecessary in the ruleset - otherwise it's not worth doing. So the question is, is the cleanliness of a new ruleset really worth giving up...
BNS?
Charm?
Activity?
BAC?
Style?
Gremlins?
The Pink Scarf?
The LOGAS?
Gender?
Respect?
Alcohol?
The Quote Book?
Literary Forms?
Societies?
Cards?
PGo?
etc...

I guess really the question is, if we had to abandon the game and start over, what would we keep?

--
Wonko