SkArcher on 14 Jan 2004 22:38:13 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] No actions?

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:29:43 -0500, Zarpint Jeremy Cook <mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's a really stupid thing to SoE over. We need faster SoEs if we're going
to do them over something like that...

How about you propose to remove only that line, we agree, we can still
eat Eclairs, and it will go through, since we recognize that not
every word can be defined in terms of previously defined words.

Zarpint

can't really be done that way.

having re-read Wonkos reasoning, I see what he means; we don't have a dictionary as part of the ruleset (stupid, but true).

'recognizing' isn't even defined. And wonkos attempt to not mention the matter is actually illegal as well, as the statute of limitations is only supposed to deal with things we forget, not things we deliberately ignore; rule 10 should apply to wonkos attempt.

so, i think Wonko is actually right, the game is borked.

C Nomic? or do i rememnber someone suggesting we skip straight to D Nomic to avoid programming misunderstandings?

SkArcher