David E. Smith on 12 Jan 2004 22:18:14 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] please spam me :-)

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Joel Uckelman wrote:

> > No, really. If you have extra spam, please send some of it to
> > dave@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I have 97MB of spam I've received personally, which I've saved for tuning
> my filters. How would you like it sent?

Heh. I've got about that much sitting around too. (It's basically
everything SpamAssassin tagged from last year. Or at least part of last
year. I probably should go through it all at some point and make sure it's
all in fact spam, but SA hasn't steered me wrong in quite a while.)

I ought to just post that address in a few places and let the spam flow
naturally. Make it a spam trap, as it were. Hopefully, a few well-placed
announcements (like having the address show up in the spoon-discuss
archives :) will get the desired effect.

And it was an announcement that I'm playing with the mail system on
bnomic.org again. There's only a few users, but why annoy people
unnecessarily?

SkArcher has apparently already taken me up on the offer, as the nifty
web-based Quarantine folder for dave@xxxxxxxxxx already has a number of
"hits," all marked with eir address.

dave