David E. Smith on 9 Jan 2004 23:50:12 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] *buzz*

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, [iso-8859-1] Bill Adlam wrote:

> For services to Style above and *buzz* the call of duty, I award the
> Pink Cashmere *crackle* Scarf Of Impeccable Style to Zarpint.  (I would
> *crackle* say Zarpint The Incomplete, but full names aren't, as far as
> I can tell, part of the gamestate).

Rather the opposite. The full name is "Zarpint the Incomplete," and
technically referring to em by any other name is at best ambiguous.

Short names appear in the Roster because long names break the table
formatting on that Web page, and because, by convention, nobody uses 'em.
(Also, there are only two players, IIRC, for whom this is even an issue --
Zarpint, and Baron von Skippy.)

...dave