Glotmorf on 29 Dec 2003 05:00:58 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Junk

On 28 Dec 2003 at 23:00, Zarpint Jeremy Cook wrote:

> Ok-consider this simpler problem: Put a 2x2x2x2x2 grid on a web page.
>
> . . | . .     . . | . .
> . . | . .     . . | . .
> - -   - -     - -   - -
> . . | . .     . . | . .
> . . | . .     . . | . .
>
> Crossing a horizontal line, but staying in the same position otherwise,
> is changing coord 3. Crossing a vertical one is coord 4, and switching grids
> in coord 5.
> Or in other words, "2-space is a hotel with floors and rooms, 3-space is a
> street of hotels, 4-space is a city of streets, and 5-space is a string of
> cities."
>
> The additional colored lines are just extending this: you can switch green
> lines (but keep everything else the same) for one coordinate, etc.
> That is, each additional coordinate represents which side you're on of one
> particular color.

I tried this once with a 4x4 game, except I made it hyper-
toroidal...

. . . . | . . . .
. . . . | . . . .
. . . . | . . . .
. . . . | . . . .
_ _ _ _   _ _ _ _
. . . . | . . . .
. . . . | . . . .
. . . . | . . . .
. . . . | . . . .

The idea is that the boards are rotationally above one
another, with wraparound.  The upper left corner of the upper
left board is above the upper right corner of the upper right
board, which is above the lower right corner of the lower
right board, which is above the lower left corner of the lower
left board...which is above the upper left corner of the upper
left board.

Then I got carried away.  Imagine that the above board is
intersected through its axes by two identical and
perpendicular boards...that there exists an X plane, a Y plane
and a Z plane.  This makes for a 4x4 board in three toruses at
the same time, rotating through a different axis.

Problem: Rotate through enough axes, and it's possible to make
four-in-a-row in three moves...

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a blog study in Social Technology.
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower