Craig on 26 Dec 2003 05:53:08 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Robot Chess

>> > This 11 by 11 situation would have me treating loacation as a digital
>> > sequence where only 1 bit can be altered in a single operation. I
>> > wouldn't even attempt to think of it in terms of actual terrain.

That's how I would think of it too. This is why I'm assuming all pieces will
move like Rooks; it's easiest that way. 11-dimensional Political Hnefatafl,
perhaps?

>> That's what I was thinking; I never really got the hang even of 5
>> dimensional visualization, much less anything higher.

>Then you're one up on me--how did you master visualizing a 4-dim. space?
>I would really like to know how to do that.

I have a friend who can visualize a hypercube. He can't do the general
4-space stuff, but he noticed a doodle I had done one day and commented that
it looked exactly like a 4-d cube. I was startled, to say the least.

 -- Teucer

"Wow, you're lucky. I'm only oppressed by gnomes in my toaster oven."
 -carbon

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx