SkArcher on 21 Dec 2003 19:36:27 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Response to Archer

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 13:24:59 -0500, Zarpint Jeremy Cook <mcfoufou@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You argue something like:
Rule 0 takes precedence over Rule 3 and allows only a few valid things to
be recognized during an SOE. This does not include new players joining, so
IMO I am not a player until the Clock starts, for the sake of precedent.

My response:
"Actions occur upon reaching the appropriate Fora." r17
Under r0, Bnomic-public is a Forum. By r16, it is either Public or Private,
and if actions can be taken in it, it is Public.
"A Player is an Outsider who consents to be governed by the rules, fulfills all requirements for playerhood specified by the rules, and has become a player in a manner specified by the rules. An External Force may become a Player by posting a message to a Public Forum containing a request to become a player and a uniquely identifying name that e wishes to be known by." r14 I have posted such a message, and it reached a Public Fora. By r17, it occurred,
and by r14 I am a Player.

Your message has reached no such Fora. Spoon-business is the only public fora. bnomic-public is "The Forum" under point 2 of rule 0, but it is not a public forum, only an emergency forum.

SkArcher