SkArcher on 25 Nov 2003 21:40:16 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Roster

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:17:38 -0500, Daniel Lepage <dpl33@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tuesday, November 25, 2003, at 03:06 PM, SkArcher wrote:

A running total of the players score exists, as it were, in potentia. The Roster as it is is only updated a few times per nweek as it is. Maybe it would be worth making this Duty require attention every checkpoint if there had been any changes, but I was wary of running hard into the 'A player may not perform a Duty which e has performed in the last 2 nweeks' clause, you see.

I'm not sure I like that clause, actually - if one player is willing to do something for the game every nweek, they should be allowed to. Otherwise there's a strong incentive to replace Duties with ministries.

When I originally wrote the rule the idea was to prevent someone from racking up insane numbers of points just by being first - an effort to prevent the kind of abuse that happened with the Telephone, if you remember?

And it is fairly obvious that close co-ordination around a checkpoint can make for advantageous situations in a lot of ways in this Nomic.

I request that the admin rectify my poor spelling.

I wonder how hard it would be to keep proto-proposals on the wiki, and to have people just add comments on the page; then things like this could be fixed before it even became a proposal.

Not hard at all.

I was hoping to shift a fair few things over to Duty status instead of Ministerial status, Duties are a lot more flexible.

Except a duty can't be performed by the same player two nweeks in a row; if the two nweek clause were dropped, then every Ministry could be replaced with a Duty.

I'm in favour of doing just that, but I am wary of the telephone effect.

SkArcher