Baron von Skippy on 7 Nov 2003 17:52:50 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Go

>Having considered the matter, I think Glotmorf is looking at it from the
>perspective of
>
>"You may not play a piece in a position where it would be immediately
>Captured." r1639 section D paragraph 8
>
>(this would be the reason the baron cannot move back at I9 - Ian and
>myself would capture eir piece instantly)
-Damn, that means I have to pick a new next move...-

>however, this does not apply to Wonko's move because
>
>"If, as a result of a stone being placed, there exists more than one
>Dragon with no liberties, then the player making the capturing move
>chooses in what order they are captured. If a capture creates Liberties
>for a Dragon that had none, then the Dragon with the newly-found Liberties
>is not captured." r1639 section D paragraph 9
>
>(meaning that the baron can move here because he gets to chose which
>dragon gets captured first - his own or glotmorfs. Since capturing
>glotmorfs dragon creates a liberty for em eir dragon is not captured
>thereafter, which allows this to be a valid move)
-*grins* Good analysis, but one point: If I'd played at F3, it would have cemented the security of the dragon which then would have spanned much of the bottom of the board. (In other words, Wonko's not "The Baron.")-

[[BvS]]