Joel Uckelman on 3 Nov 2003 06:16:09 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 52 BALLOT

Thus spake "David E. Smith":

> The only real external dependency the Clock has right now is the
> assumption that Joel's computer has a more-or-less accurate date and time.
> And if I really needed to, I could probably get rid of that by finding
> someone that's written a NTP module for PHP, but that seems like still
> more work, and definitely more work than it's worth.
>
> ...dave

The time on charybdis has been managed by NTP since mid-summer. So the the
time the system gives you should be as close to the actual time as it can
reasonably get without my having an atomic clock in my apartment.

--
J.