Daniel Lepage on 24 Sep 2003 02:36:45 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Auto Remailer

On Tuesday, September 23, 2003, at 09:22 PM, SkArcher wrote:

Can the clock do that reliably? I know at one point the clock was
having the same problem you want to use it to solve - when the Game
Clock stopped, the clock shown on the website kept ticking until Dave
manually reset it.

Has that been fixed?

The major result of the rule I am trying to write is to remove the grunt work of having to tally the votes from the administrator and make it a duty (remember those, I wrote the rule before my net connection failed because of my move?). Because all of the votes are in the public domain its the kind of
thing that can be given to one of us to do.

The idea here is (ideally) that the auto-mailer will accept PV's at any
time, and will spit the PV's out to the main list (publicly viewable, as all votes are) at the close of voting. Then it will be a duty for someone to tally all the votes and post the colated results. Dave will only have to
implement them, not take ages to count them.

Of course, it could also become useful if you want to disguise what your
vote on an issue is, or something like that. Tactical voting :)

It might be best to have somebody send a message when the nweek ends; the clock can't be trusted - it says it's nday 6 right now, when the clock stopped at the end of nday 3.

--
Wonko