Daniel Lepage on 22 Sep 2003 01:26:57 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Wonko gets points

On Sunday, September 21, 2003, at 07:54 PM, Zac Mi wrote:

How is Society Document 1119/1 "Wonko gets points"
not alowed in The Rules?

Do you mean, why wasn't its creation allowed? Or why doesn't the attempted scam work?

The scam fails because societies can't create points; they can only distribute points they own.

The society failed I believe because some proposal forbid its existence; there were some serious wording issues in the society rule at that time (nweek 24, I think), and many CFIs were being flung around, so it's possible that it was actually just flat out illegal. I don't really remember the details.

--
Wonko