Glotmorf on 19 Sep 2003 21:07:01 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] That bitch Isabel

--- Craig <ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> access I
> of
> >> me
> be a
> >>
> >> Wait, Glotmorf, where are you?
> >>

> >Near DC, why?
>
> Because I got hit too - I'm in central NC - and it
> would have been really
> cool if you had turned out to be just down the road
> or something.

Well, in a sense I am...now that Isabel has
waffle-stomped a path between us...

Funny thing is, there's been some wind and rain here,
yeah, but we've had worse...Nothing we've had up here
has, as far as I know, been enough before to knock out
the power for 24 hours.  So something big must have
been hit down south that pulled all the service people
out of here, leaving individual neighborhoods to blow
like popcorn.

Then phones went out for a piece of the morning, and
some neighborhoods don't have water pressure, and now
the county is saying we should be boiling our water
(but have neglected to give us fusion-powered stoves
to do so on)...It's been a couple flavors of fun up
here.

And with most of my college shut down, all I could
find to borrow was an iMac...Wah.

-- Glotmorf