Craig on 15 Sep 2003 22:57:07 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Underwriting

>Okay, so I'll buy that a central figure is good, but why can't the
>central figure gain points from the activity? For example, I've been
>contemplating an Eleusis-based subgame; the rules of Eleusis definitely
>provide for a central authority, namely the dealer, but the dealer
>still gets points, and in fact those points are necessary to give the
>dealer an incentive to make a good rule.

No they aren't. Ever played Zendo? A good Master, doing it for the love of
the game, will make it more enjoyable than a good rule that gets an Eleusis
dealer a lot of points. I agree with you in general, on all of this, but I
think that your example is bad.

 -- Teucer

"I think that square is top of cool shape in the world"
 -CUBIC* cube

ragnarok@xxxxxxxxx
teucer@xxxxxxxxxx