Baron von Skippy on 12 Sep 2003 03:41:10 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Tunnelers discussion

>>> What a great way to draw in new people. "C'mon everybody, play! It's
>>> dull as anything!" If I weren't already playing, I'd be pulled in by
>>> that. It makes me want to quit the game just so that I get to join it
>>> all over again!
>>
>> -Clearly, Wonko, you have no grasp of reading between the lines. What
>> I actually said was "It's really boring, but if you join, it'll get a
>> lot more interesting, because we won't be aimlessly meandering about,
>> there will be stuff happening suddenly. Right now, it's like a party
>> with no chicks or booze, and someone just found a Parcheesi board and
>> has a thoughtful look in their eye. Join the game. Don't make us play
>> Parcheesi." I mean, really. That should have been /obvious./-
>
>I understood perfectly well what you were trying to say. And I agree
>that things will probably be less boring when more people join.
>Nonetheless, "It's boring right now, but might change soon" is not
>really the best way to plug for something. Threats of Death by
>brushfire are much more effective.

-You lost cred when you used "fire" in two consecutive obscure threats, I think. And the threat of being forced to play Parcheesi is worse than obscure death.-

>Speaking of making things interesting... Anybody thought about the
>possibility of Moles with Super Powers?

-Yes, and then I woke up screaming. ...oh, "Moles" as in moles in this game. I get it. And now I'm hoping I'm about to wake up screaming again.-

[[BvS]]