Daniel Lepage on 11 Sep 2003 20:47:22 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Tunnelers discussion

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 03:07 PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

-Hmm, time to add my own waste of spac... er, suggestions.

And you accuse *me* of overcomplicating things? ;)

-I'm warming to the idea... and I've always been a fan of wasting people's time by posting utter crap. As long as I'm the one posting.-

Gladiator Trap: Traps a mole until another mole comes to an adjacent
space. Then that mole is also trapped - the only way out is for them
to fight, and neither can move until the other is dead.

Cave-in Trap: The tunnel collapses on the mole.

Elevator Trap: The mole is rocketed to the surface and must tunnel
back onto the playing field (translation: the mole is removed from
play for three rounds, then placed at a random location on the board).

F*%@ing Camper!!! Trap: Whenever a mole is placed on the board within
three spaces of this trap, that mole dies.

Since Glotmorf gets to place any new Moles after the game starts,
doesn't this just amount to, "Glotmorf can choose to arbitrarily kill
newbies"?

-Depends. Do you trust him to be random?-

No, because e's not supposed to be random. E's supposed to pick a place 'for the good of the game', and thus prevent a new 1025 Mole from landing next to a 9999 Mole and being instantly pulverized.

Big Red Button Trap: Tunnels out every square adjacent to the trap and
leaves the mole with one hit point. (And preferably all of their fur
blackened and sticking out on end. If they could have a startled
expression and remain in the position they occupied before pushing the
button, that would also be great.)

I like the last two best.-

How about:
Possession Trap: The layer of trap takes that Mole's next turn for em.
Weenie Trap: The victim gets -1 to all stats, with a minimum at the
starting stats.
Vacuum Trap: The victim discards eir hand.

-Teen Angst Trap: The mole dons a trenchcoat and listens to Nirvana. They are unable to move until their world is no longer pain and suffering, or until someone smacks them upside the head and makes them get a job.

La Belle Dame Sans Merci Trap: Lasts 6 turns. Any mole which enters the trapped space cannot perform any action, including defending themselves, until the trap disappears. During that time, the mole loses one hit point per turn.

That's instant death for the moles right now...

Pod People Trap: The mole is moved to a random corner of the board and a doppleganger is placed on the board under the control of the player who placed the trap. This doppleganger is labeled the same as the original mole. The doppleganger will not go away until the original mole finds it and attacks it.-

Question: How many people are thinking of joining the tunnelers game? I mean, it's not really all that interesting with just the three of us (me, BvS, and bd); are other people interested in joining the game?

--
Wonko