Joel Uckelman on 5 Sep 2003 15:31:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] more reverse spam

Thus spake Glotmorf:
> Just got another email "returned" to me from wherever
> whoever sent it to with my name...a 100k file
> attached.  Not pretty on dialup.
>
> It occurs to me, though, that one could mailbomb
> someone by sending a bunch of huge files with the
> target's name in the From, so that they'd all get
> "returned"...
>
> 						Glotmorf

I've been having a similar problem with bounces "returning" to Mailman.
This makes me wish qmail did something to verify that bounces are of mail
it actually sent out, and if not reject them. Hmm.

--
J.