Baron von Skippy on 4 Sep 2003 16:57:51 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] proto: hexago

>What if we made the go board a diamond, with hexagonal tiles?
-I don't like it that much, myself. Why don't we leave it the way it is? Although if you /must/ change it, might I suggest an alternate board layout that's a little more aesthetically pleasing?-

       H I J K L M N O P
      G . . . . . . . . .
     F . . . . . . . . . .
    E . . . . . . . . . . .
   D . . . . . . . . . . . .
  C . . . . . . . . . . . . .
 B . . . . . . . . . . . . . Z
A X . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
       8 9 10111213141516

-A tad tricky to label, I'll admit, but I like the hexagon better than the rhombus - for one thing, corners are easier to defend on this one. Anyway, what /is/ that, you ask, and how do we label the spaces? Easy. Note the letters and numbers: Point X is B1, Y is E8, and Z is P14. If this still isn't clear, let me know and I'll try to explain better. Perhaps the letters could go from K to Z and the numbers could be in hexidecimal. Oh, and it might be worth note that that hexagon there has exactly as many spaces as the current (preferable) Go board.-

[[BvS]]