Rob Speer on 25 Aug 2003 07:35:15 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Might as well join in

On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 08:22:06PM -0500, Baron von Skippy wrote:
> -If Glotmorf's "Do what I mean" prop doesn't pass, I will fond everyone who voted against it and I will cause them extreme injury.-

Is that kind of like "fondle"? Uh oh.

I realize that the current version of the rule is far too picky.

What I'm worried about is someone being able to describe one move and
post another late in the game - possibly intentionally - when one move
might make a huge amount of difference. The next player then moves on
that erroneous version of the board, and their stated move goes through,
except it has a completely different effect than what they wanted.

Perhaps "do what I diagram, not what I say" would be a better policy
than the other way around.

--
Rob Speer