Baron von Skippy on 23 Aug 2003 02:33:24 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Is this the board?

>>> Why play Nomic if we plan on ignoring the rules? The breaking of the
>>> game is what makes it fun.
>>>
>> -I don't want to ignore the rules, I just think that there's no point
>> to holding this game back about six days while we figure out what went
>> wrong and spend a couple of checkpoints retaking moves that might have
>> failed. It gains us nothing and is intensely stupid at the same time.
>> I'm suggesting we collectively overlook this until it's not an issue
>> any more.-
>
>That seems like a bad precedent to set. If people are forced to learn
>the rules well now, then there won't be problems with them later.

-I understand that, but this is harmless. Besides, doing this would require everyone ignoring the problem. That's unanimity. We /never/ get that. I think this would establish the precedent that sometimes it's just not worth it, but only if everyone thinks so - a harmless assertion if I ever heard one. And what this incident teaches me is to make rules that aren't very anal about what's legal and what isn't when it doesn't matter.-

[[BvS]]