Baron von Skippy on 22 Aug 2003 04:55:44 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Is this the board?

>> <snip>
>>> I haven't played on this board yet. Is this the right board?
>>>
>>> This would be one thing it would be tremendously useful to have the
>>> Wiki
>>> for.
>>>
>> -Some of you will see what I'm about to say as irresponsible, but I
>> honestly don't care. Why don't we just ignore that little detail,
>> since it seriously screws up the game, and say that the board is as
>> the most recent placement puts it, the alliance doesn't exist, and
>> anyone who insists on holding us all to this rule is game for a
>> massive smack-down? I'm all for the rules, but there comes a point
>> when it's better to ignore them conveniently.-
>
>Why play Nomic if we plan on ignoring the rules? The breaking of the
>game is what makes it fun.

-I don't want to ignore the rules, I just think that there's no point to holding this game back about six days while we figure out what went wrong and spend a couple of checkpoints retaking moves that might have failed. It gains us nothing and is intensely stupid at the same time. I'm suggesting we collectively overlook this until it's not an issue any more.-

[[BvS]]