Glotmorf on 21 Aug 2003 02:56:20 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Go

--- Daniel Lepage <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 10:45  PM, Glotmorf
> wrote:
>
> > The "corrected board" doesn't show my stone.  I'd
> said it should have
> > been placed at D7.
> >
> > Allowing for Teucer's stone, the current board
> should be:
> >
> > ____A B C D E F G H I J K L M____
> > __.---------------------------.__
> > 13| . . . . . . . . . . . . . |13
> > 12| . . T . . . . . . . . . . |12
> > 11| . . . . . . . . . . . . . |11
> > 10| . . . . . . . . . I . . . |10
> > 9 | . . . . . . . . . . . . . | 9
> > 8 | . . . . . V . . . . . . . | 8
> > 7 | . . . G . . V . . . . . . | 7
> > 6 | . . . . . . . . . . . . . | 6
> > 5 | . . . . . . . . . . . . . | 5
> > 4 | . . . R . . W . W . . . . | 4
> > 3 | . . . . . . . . . . . . . | 3
> > 2 | . . . . R . . . . . . . . | 2
> > 1 | . . . . . . . . . . . . . | 1
> > __'---------------------------'__
> > ____A B C D E F G H I J K L M____
> >
> > Oh, and I accept an alliance with Rob.
>
> These are mutually exclusive declarations - offering
> an alliance is
> free, but accepting one counts as a move, so you can
> either place a
> stone or join Rob, but not both.

Yes, but you're the one who said placing my stone was
illegal, and you were absolutely right.  That means I
didn't place a stone, and therefore there's nothing
that stops me from accepting Rob's alliance.

Of course, since I didn't place my stone, any move
including a version of the board that shows my stone
is illegal too...

-- Glotmorf