Baron von Skippy on 20 Aug 2003 03:54:54 -0000

RE: [spoon-discuss] RE: [Spoon-business] Go

>>>Oh, right. Alliances.
>>>
>>>Who's with who right now?
>>>I offer an alliance to Iain. Iff Wonko is currently without allies, I
>offer
>>>em an alliance.
>>>
>>>By the way, BvS, what are you doing playing so close to the center?
>
>>-It's not the edge.-
>
>::boggle::
>Standard Go thinking is that good opening moves *ought* to be near the edge.
>I've never played 13-by-13, so I don't know any opening joseki for it, but
>I'll bet they aren't too far from 9-by-9 or 19-by-19.

-Edge spaces are more easily surrounded, as one of their sides is the wall. Center spaces are harder to surround - thus harder to take. This is my thinking. Now, I've never played Go. This is true. So I'll just make things up as I go. At some point, I may look up strategies, but those only mean so much when applied to this game - standard Go also only has two players.-

[[BvS]]