Daniel Lepage on 19 Aug 2003 14:20:17 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Checkpointly Recognizer...

On Saturday, August 16, 2003, at 10:44  AM, David E. Smith wrote:

... hm, that name just doesn't quite have the same ZING ~! as the original.

We could call it "King Steve's Kick Ass Recognizer".

There's a possible loophole in the way Checkpoints work (or, rather, a
bug?) I'm caught up on Recognizing stuff right now, so far as I know. So, I'm leaving town for today and most of tomorrow. However, if anyone does anything that I'm required to recognize between now and about 7pm my time
(which is the next nine hours and change), the clock will automatically
stop when nday 4 arrives (at about 7pm).

Maybe someone should find a clean, rules-friendly way of saying "if
something has gone unrec'd for longer than 24 hours or so at the end of a Checking Period, then the clock shuts Off 'til Dave gets caught up, which
will take a while given the fact that Microsoft keeps breaking the
Internet".

I propose:
{{
__A clean, rules-friendly way of saying "if something has gone unrec'd for longer than 24 hours or so at the end of a Checking Period, then the clock shuts Off 'til Dave gets caught up, which will take a while given the fact that Microsoft keeps breaking the Internet"__

Amend r1586 by replacing the last sentence with "If, at the end of a checking period, legal actions taken more than 24 hours before the end of the checking period have not been officially recognized, the Clock is turned off until they are."
}}

If Christine knew who any of you people are, she'd probably say Hi.

Hi!

--
Wonko