Baron von Skippy on 15 Aug 2003 17:45:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The ruleset

>Like I said, I did it just to be safe, not because I'm eager to destroy the
>game. If the ruleset is still intact, then my actions have no effect and
>this whole thing is over. If not (which I would argue to be the case,
>although the general consensus seems to be otherwise), I wanted to make
>sure no one hijacked my scam. Certainly that isn't deserving of Kickings of
>Ass, right?

-Actually, it is. See, a /nice/ scammer would have rewritten the rules, declared a win, and then put the rules back the way they were... that's my biggest problem with this idea. I'm fine with people screwing around, as long as it doesn't leave any lasting marks.

Also, if general consensus is that your scam isn't legal, who's gonna "hijack" it?-

>And who says you have to be a member of the UN to be a nation, anyway?

-You don't, but it does help if any other nation recognizes you as one of them. Otherwise, at this point in the world's history, you're a rebelling territory and a good target for some old-fashioned ass-whupping. So... maybe we can get recognized by the US. All we have to do is convince Dubya that we were here all along, and he'll recognize us to save face in the eyes of the world. Or he'll call Homeland Security down on our heads. Maybe they'll upgrade the threat level to fuschia just for us...-

[[BvS]]