Rob Speer on 6 Aug 2003 17:30:59 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Oho, a flaw.

Oh woot, I found a flaw.

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 11:02:05AM -0500, Mark Karasek wrote:
> Well, it looks like we just repealed the entire ruleset (see rules 1 and
> 1637). Luckily, I was prepared for such an event. Since there's nothing
> preventing me from doing so, I define the following to be the new ruleset.
> (Rationale: since there are currently no rules, we can assume either that
> everything is legal or that nothing is legal. Since the latter would make
> the game rather pointless, I will assume the former is true.)

The three lines above are certainly an interesting start to the ruleset.

What, you didn't intend for the ruleset to start there? You meant for
the Standard Delimiters to define the ruleset? There's no such thing as
Standard Delimiters anymore, pal.

So the first thing in the ruleset defines that there are no rules and
that everything is legal. The rest can be considered as decoration. I'm
not sure what it's there for, but they obviously can't be rules.

That's convenient.
--
Rob Speer