Daniel Lepage on 31 Jul 2003 22:54:28 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] A question

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 11:55  PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

A philosophical question... if an object somehow (proposal, overlord
scam, whatever) gets an attribute that isn't defined in the rules, does
it keep it? For example, if I proposed to give myself the attribute
"Blue", would I continue to be blue nweeks later?

And then, since colors aren't regulated by the rules, could I
arbitrarily declare myself to be "Blue"? And if I could, and did, and
then nweeks later a rule came around that made Blue players something
special, would I count?

I think the default case prevents you from arbitrarily changing the gamestate such that you are "Blue". However, should a legacy rule have created a "Blue" attribute on you, I don't really see why said attribute would go away when the rule did, since that would be a change to the gamestate too. Hence the legacy player stocks you had.

-According to the Roster, Rob is a purple Concertmaster. I'd day declaring yourself to have an attribute makes it stick, if it's strange enough.-

Rob got that in nweek 1, before any defaults. (back when it was legal to randomly change even important attributes like Name and Score. Other peoples' names and scores.) Nowadays, it's no longer legal.

--
Wonko